Here’s How You Can Delete WhatsApp Messages Even After 7 Minutes
If we talk about an instant messaging app, WhatsApp stands at the first place. There are reasons why lots of people love to use this instant messaging app like the app contains lots of features and it is frequently updated to be with the trends and demands of the users.
Recently, we have seen the instant messaging app, WhatsApp, launched a new feature which goes by the name “Delete For Everyone”. Well, the feature was rolled out a few days back.
The delete for everyone feature in WhatsApp allows users to delete the sent messages within 7 minutes. However, it looks like you can delete the sent messages after those golden 7 minutes have expired. According to the reports from Android Jefe, a bug in instant messaging app let users delete messages even after 7 minutes of sending them.
The bug allows a user to delete the sent messages for up to a maximum of seven days. Guess what? the bug also let users delete both read and unread messages. That simply means that with the help of the bug, you can delete message even after it has been read.
Here’s what you need to do if you want to delete sent messages after the 7 minutes time limit.
- Turn off the WiFi and Mobile data of your smartphone, and open settings panel.
- Open Apps panel, there you need to Force Stop the WhatsApp application.
- Again open the settings panel, disable the automatic Date & time update.
- Change the date and time of your smartphone to exactly the same as you sent the message
- Open WhatsApp, hold the message that you want to delete and you will see two options ‘Delete For Me’ and ‘Delete For Everyone’
- The second option will delete the messages.
So, this is how you can delete the sent messages on WhatsApp after the 7-minute time limit. What do you think about this? Share your views in the comment box below.